- A large pot
- Metal spoon (metal NOT wood)
- Candy Thermometer (Don't have one? Check these out)
- Cookie sheet
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of distilled water (has to be distilled)
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tarter
- Optional: experiment with food coloring
Now for the instructions...
- Pour the water, corn syrup, sugar, and cream of tarter in the pot.
- Heat the mixture on the stove to 300 degrees (as read on the thermometer) while stirring it.
- While this is heating, spray the cooking spray on the cookie sheet.
- When the mixture reaches 300 degrees pour it onto the cookie sheet which will act as the mold for the pane of glass. Leave to cool for at least one hour.
- Now carefully take the glass out of the cookie sheet.
- If it doesn't turn out great, do it again! It may take a few tries to get the hold of it.
Now that it's done feel free to throw it, smash it, or wack it over someones head. Use caution while smacking someone with it because it could come out harder than usual so make sure it's somewhat thin. If you don't want to risk hurting anyone just hit yourself or set it down and jump through it as if you were in an action movie. I'm sure you can buy or make other molds to get different shaped glass like a bottle or vase so make sure to look into that! Have fun with this, go crazy make some cool movies. If you do, leave a link in the comments. If you need help, ask in the comments. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow for more things to do when you're bored!